Friday, February 18, 2011

Flame Broiler "A Healthy Choice"













We are known as "poor college students" when it comes to food.  

Although college students spend most of their money on nonessentials such as clothes, new technological toys, or ALCOHOL, they compensate for food.  Everyone has to deal with buying their own groceries, making their own food or buying their own food, but some will settle for less and buy cheap and unhealthy food.  

Well, I'm here to help you find the most affordable, yet most delicious places to eat!

The area surrounded by USC is known as South Central Los Angeles where the residents who reside in the area have a lower economic status, therefore there are many fast food restaurants that are unhealthy BUT affordable.  

Well there is good news folks! Just over a year ago down the street from USC located on Adams and Figueroa, there is a well-known teriyaki franchise restaurant called the Flame Broiler opened.  Not only is it cheap and fast but it is nutritional and healthy. 

When walking into the restaurant,  you automatically get a clean feeling (which you don't find in most fast food restaurants in this area) and can honestly say that the food looks better in front of you than in pictures.  When ordering your food you always have the choice of getting brown or white rice and even have the option of substituting the rice for steamed vegetables for no extra cost.  There are two main types of meat: chicken or rib eye steak beef.  They also have chicken rice bowl with a drink for only five dollars!  




Their motto is "a healthy choice" where the calories of the food are fairly low and hits many of the nutritional food pyramid.  


However, what Flame Broiler is really known for is their "Magic Sauce" which is a teriyaki sauce that is mouth watering and a taste you will never forget.  What actually gets people to come back is probably the sweet taste of the Magic Sauce.  

Once you are able to try the healthy goodness of one of their bowls or plates, I guarantee that you will be back for some more.  In addition to the hearty goodness, this location also support USC students and offers a discount to those who show their USC identification card.  

This spot is definitely something ALL students can afford and definitely is "a healthy choice".  





Address: 2526 S. Figueroa St. Los Angeles 90007 
Affordable: $
Type of Food: Americanized Teriyaki 
Grade: A








Written by: Ran Chu

1 comment:

  1. The Flame Broiler is probably one of the best fast food places I’ve been to in a long time. Its affordability is just another bonus. I went to the branch in Westwood and to say the least I was quickly impressed. I totally agree with you that this place is different than most affordable restaurants. The food seems to be healthier and of a higher quality, which is always good. I would suggest getting the rib eye steak. If you haven’t been here yet, I would definitely try it out. I doubt you’ll be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete