Right now, Subway is the new phase!! The $5 footlong sandwiches are the best deals in town. You can have most of the sandwiches that you want and have anything you want on it. It's all custom made and you can have either all the veggies you want on it or you can have nothing on it. It's a genius idea from a business perspective. People love to have what they want on their foods especially when you can pick and choose right in front of you instead of pre-ordering it. People love the 5$ footlong sandwiches at Subway because its fast, easy, to go, and cheap.

I agree that Subway has a great concept, and I love the $5 footlong deals, too. I find it interesting, though, that Subway has two 24-hour stores within a few blocks of each other by USC - I wonder whether both stores make enough to justify them being open 24/7.
ReplyDeleteI like that they recently introduced breakfast options (which makes sense, since they're open at breakfast time), but I find it a little strange that they're branching out into pizzas now... I have yet to try one of the pizzas, and I don't think I've seen anyone order one, either. Perhaps they should consider eliminating that line and sticking to what they do best?
I also agree that the “5 dollar footlong” concept is a great idea. Where else in town can you get a great tasting meal, that’s good for you, for such a great price? I spend more money at fast food chains like Taco Bell, where the food is anything but good for you. I usually get the veggie delight (yes, a sandwich with nothing but vegetables) with extra chipotle sauce. With such a great idea, I’m not surprised that Subway is the largest restaurant chain in the world. It even beat out McDonalds.
ReplyDeleteSeriously, the fact that Subway beat out McDonald's says something about the power of "Healthy" fast-food eating. Too bad their foot longs are now six dollars. I miss February five dollar foot long month! I hope Subway paves way for other healthy styled fast food eating to open up, because it's kind of tiring resorting to this as the only option.
ReplyDelete