So.. I went to the Yard House tonight and it was ok. I am not a huge fan of the Yard House because I think it is to expensive for what it is. I ordered their Caesar salad for an appetizer and I don't know if the salad they gave me was a Caesar because it had none of the components. They shouldn’t even call it a Caesar, it was similar to an Italian dressing. My boyfriend ordered the steak sandwich which was really good and my clam chowder was good as well. They also have a good fish and chips. If you have the money it’s good, especially if you like beer.
The Yard House is also well known for their variety of beers on tap!
…Katherine Kaskanyan

This is my favorite place to eat at L.A. Live. While it is terribly loud, I think the food is really good. I love their burgers, chicken fingers, and fries--basically their junk food. But I've gone with other people that order...healthier items (california rolls, seafood, various soups) and they've always loved it too. I don't even mind the prices. They really aren't that bad. The only thing, like I mentioned above, is the volume level. They'd do well to quiet it some and dampen the room. I think if they were to pad the underside of the tables, and stools it would really help. They also play the music at a level that makes everyone in the place have to talk louder than is necessary. Nevertheless, the food and TVs keep me coming back.
ReplyDeleteI really like Yard House and I've been there many times over the past 3 years. I don't think it's particularly expensive compared to other restaurants downtown, and it's reasonable for the quality of the food. One of my favorite items on the menu, and the one that a lot of my friends get all the time, is the mac and cheese. It is out of this world, and one of the best mac and cheeses I've ever had--white truffle oil, chicken, applewood smoked bacon and wild mushrooms make it stand out. I recently tried their clam chowder and I thought it was delicious as well! Clam chowder is usually very spotty at restaurants, really a hit-or-miss, but Yard House definitely hit this one on point. I think that the loud, rowdy atmosphere is very fitting for the Yard House scene as they have the world's largest selection of draft beer, an in-house glass enclosed keg room, classic rock music, and various screens with sports games on. This is a great place to go for a fun, high-energy night out with friends and enjoy a good beer.
ReplyDeleteIt's best to go to Yardhouse during happy hour - at this time, both food and alcohol are relatively cheap in comparison to other more upgraded eateries around the area. Plus, it's always a pretty fun atmosphere! I agree with the above commenter that the mac and cheese is amazing. Plus, they have the best selection of beer.
ReplyDelete