The restaurant collected all types of antique pictures -- pictures that are outrageously funny and inappropriately sexy -- it's very interesting to look around. The pictures give you "blast from the past to Italy" feel, and many of the pictures are in black in white.
The restaurant plays classic italian music. When you walk into the restaurant, you instantly feel like you are in Italy (or somewhat in Italy compared to where you are now) and also a cozy feeling.
The food is clean, simple, and fresh. The salads are clean taste once you take a bite of the Caesar salad. But, it can only be amazing with lemon added (more of a clean taste). The pizza is a think crust (like in Italy) and there many options to order: the margarita, cheese, supremo Italiano, chicken pesto, and veggie. But, even with the pizzas with a lot of topping are still clean and not too heavy.
The prices are pretty decent especially if you go with a group of friends or family!!!
Ran Chu



I love this place! I usually go to the branch on 3rd street, in Santa Monica. I totally agree with you that this place makes you feel like you’re in Italy. That’s one of the things that make it so great. By far, my favorite dish here is the Spaghetti and Meatballs. I know what some of you may be thinking: what can be special about a dish every Italian restaurant sells? Bucca Di Beppo’s take on this classic Italian pasta is different. Rather they serving normal meatballs, the meatballs here probably each weigh a pound and are packed with flavor.
ReplyDeleteI agree that this place is great. Like you mentioned in your post, I always thought the pictures and tiny frames all over the walls were very memorable.
ReplyDeleteI would've loved see some of the pictures you posted, but it seems like the links to the pictures are all broken :\
Buca di beppo is a great idea for a date because the restaurant is pretty classy, the food is good, and it's not to expensive. My family is Italian so I have had spaghetti and meatballs all my life. I thought that there was no way bucca di beppo's dish could be as good but I was thoroughly surprised. The fried calamari for an appetizer is also a tasty suggestion.
ReplyDelete