Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Pacific Dining Car


The Pacific Dining Car was suggested by a close friend and it was a great recommendation. The Pacific Dining Car came from a parked train on a railway in downtown, Los Angeles. I went there with my boyfriend and it was fantastic.  The Pacific Dining Car has an elegant feel with casual attire. They do things in an “old timey” way. 
Our server was attentive. They have many starters to choose from. My Boyfriend and I ordered a Caesar salad, which was good. For our main course I ordered the rib eye and my boyfriend ordered the Roquefort Steak. Both our steaks were great, the Roquefort Steak came with Roquefort cheese on top. It was good if you like cheese. They also offer chicken and seafood, like lobster, shrimp, scallops, etc. I wanted to try the crab cakes, but got the mashed potatoes instead. The mashed potatoes are creamy and flavorful. My boyfriend ordered the baked mac N cheese and it was delicious.
            I understand this place is expensive, but I loved the feel and charming old school ways. The most astonishing thing about the Pacific Dining Car is that it is open 24 hours a day! Yes, it never closes! How does a fancy expensive restaurant stay open 24-hours a day? I suggest this place to anyone who wants to enjoy and nice meal with good service.  





Written by: Katherine Kaskanyan




In Downtown
Los Angeles 

1310 West 6th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017


For Reservations: call (213) 483-6000
Open 24 hours - Every day of the year
Breakfast: Anytime
Lunch: 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
Afternoon Tea: 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm
Dinner: Anytime
Special Services: Valet parking, complementary shuttle to Staples Center, Music Center, Disney Concert Hall, Nokia Theatre.

   

In Santa Monica 
2700 Wilshire Boulevard
Santa Monica, CA 90403 


For Reservations: call (310) 453-4000
Open 24 hours - Every day of the year
Breakfast: Anytime
Lunch: 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
Afternoon Tea: 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm
Dinner: Anytime
Special Services: Valet parking
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment